As Region 10 returns to Phase IV of the Restore Illinois Revitalization plan, the Berwyn Park District is excited to continue to safely expand reopening to the public.
What are the Berwyn Park District guidelines in Restore Illinois: Phase IV Below is an overview of the impact of Phase IV reopening for the Berwyn Park District -
In-person recreation activities will resume with groups no larger than 50. All participants will be contacted directly with the status of their programs and all the safety precautions required to participate.
Indoor and outdoor athletic programming can resume with mitigation measures in place. All athletic programs will follow the mitigation measures set forth in the All Sport Guidelines which outlines appropriate levels of practice and competition based on individual sport risk. Additional detailed guidance on sport-specific mitigation efforts, including appropriate distance, cleaning of equipment, and use of masks by participants, will be provided for each athletic program.
Fields and Parks
Outdoor recreation is allowed with the adherence of a 50-person group limit. Masks are required at all times in the parks.
Indoor rentals at Proksa Park Activity Center are available at 50% capacity (36 people maximum). Please reach out to Zak Kerby for questions regarding rentals.
Events will be limited in Phase IV but we are looking forward to safely hosting our Easter Egg Hunt and Adult Easter Egg Hunt on April 2 and Brew-tiful Berwyn on April 17. Follow us on Facebook for updated information regarding events.
Outdoor playgrounds will remain open. Masks must be worn and social distancing must be adhered to at all times. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not require disinfection of outdoor playgrounds and the equipment will NOT be disinfected. Patrons can use the open outdoor playgrounds at their discretion.
Due to sanitation requirements, all outdoor bathrooms will remain closed to the public. Bathrooms may open on occasion for use during park events and leagues when staff is available to sanitize the bathrooms regularly.
Water fountains will remain turned off in the parks throughout Phase IV.
Proksa Park Activity Center will remain open for in person registration. A mask is required at all times. However, we strongly encourage online registration as a first option, if possible. You are able to register for programs online at berwynparks.org. Contact Customer Service at 708-795-2892 with any questions regarding programs or registration assistance.
Proksa Park Activity Center hours will be -
Mon - Thu – 10am – 6pm
Fri – 9 am – 12 pm
What to expect moving forward– We will require the adherence of all health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of all patrons and staff.
• Social distance of at least 6-ft should be maintained between non-household individuals unless participating in activities permitted under Phase IV guidelines
• Wear face covering over nose and mouth
• Wash and sanitize hands frequently
• Stay home if sick or showing COVID-19 symptoms (including, but not limited to, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 degrees or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other CDC-identified symptoms)
• A wellness screening may be required before participating in programs/activities
Where can I get updated information regarding Phase IV reopening? We encourage you to visit us regularly for up-to-date information regarding reopening guidelines and available programs.
• Visit our website at berwynparks.org to view reopening updates and to register for virtual and in-person programs
• Join our email list email list to get updates regarding reopening and available programs
• Follow us on Facebook for regular updates and happenings in the park!