July 2, 2020 UPDATE: As Illinois moves into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Revitalization plan, the Berwyn Park District is excited to begin safely reopening some amenities to the public. We have worked closely with local officials to create a plan that adheres to all CDC and public health guidelines. We look forward to seeing everyone in the parks this summer!
When will the Berwyn Park District move into Phase IV? We will begin reopening some amenities and in-person programs beginning Monday, July 6.
What to expect moving forward – We will require the adherence of all health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of all patrons and staff.
• Social distance of at least 6-ft should be maintained between non-household individuals unless participating in activities permitted under Phase IV guidelines
• Wear face covering over nose and mouth when within 6-ft. of others (cloth masks preferred)
• Wash and sanitize hands frequently
• Stay home if sick or showing COVID-19 symptoms (including, but not limited to, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 degrees or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other CDC-identified symptoms)
• A wellness screening may be required before participating in programs/activities
Where can I get updated information regarding Phase IV reopening? We encourage you to visit us regularly for up-to-date information regarding reopening guidelines and available programs.
• Visit our website at berwynparks.org to view reopening updates and to register for virtual and in-person programs
• Join our Email List to get updates regarding reopening and available programs
• Follow us on Facebook for regular updates and happenings in the park!
What will be available at the Berwyn Park District in Restore Illinois: Phase IV? Below is an overview of the impact of Phase IV reopening for the Berwyn Park District -
Proksa Park will be open beginning July 6 for in-person registration only. Masks will be required when entering the building. We are encouraging online registrations for all patrons as a first option if possible. You can register for programs online at berwynparks.org.
Proksa’s Phase IV hours will be -
Mon - Thu – 9 am – 5 pm
Fri – 9 am – 12 pm
Water fountains will remain turned off in the parks throughout Phase IV.
Outdoor playgrounds will be opened incrementally beginning July 3. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not require disinfection of outdoor playgrounds and the equipment will NOT be disinfected. Patrons can use the open outdoor playgrounds at their discretion. The playground should be limited to no more than 50 persons at the playgrounds, and individuals should follow social distancing guidelines.
Due to sanitation requirements, all outdoor bathrooms will remain closed to the public. Bathrooms may open on occasion for use during park events and leagues when staff is available to sanitize the bathrooms regularly.
Leagues and In-Person Programs
Leagues and in-person programs will be available beginning July 6 where health and safety recommendations can be adhered to. We encourage you to visit our website for available summer programs!
Fields and Courts
All fields and courts will reopen on July 6 for general recreation use.
Events will be limited in Phase IV. Follow us on Facebook for updated information regarding events.
Outdoor rentals will be available at Proksa Park only beginning on July 6.
• No more than 50 people will be permitted at any grove
• Sanitation protocols will be in place to clean tables after each use
• Outdoor bathrooms will not be available during rentals
Indoor rentals at Proksa will be available after Labor Day at 50% capacity (36 people maximum).
Please reach out to Zak Kerby (ZKerby@berwynparks.org) for questions regarding rentals.
Indoor rentals at Liberty Cultural Center will be available after Labor Day at 50 people maximum capacity. Please reach out to Noemy Diaz at (NDiaz@berwynparks.org) for questions regarding Liberty Rentals.
Day Camp At-Home will remain available throughout the summer! Register here for everything you need to have a fun and safe day camp experience at-home.
While the 2020 -2021 school year will look different this year, we are excited to welcome our preschoolers back safely in the fall. Preschool registration will be available in-person at Proksa Park beginning July 20. Additional information regarding preschool registration requirements can be found here.
Karban Dog Park permits can be obtained at Freedom Park by appointment only. Please reach out to Noemy Diaz at 708-788-1701 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Permit Fee: $35/year for one dog. $5 for each additional dog, up to three total dogs.
Permits are only available for Berwyn Residents.