The following are the rules and regulations for picnicing in any of our parks:
- BY ORDINANCE NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR PETS MAY BROUGHT IN THE PARK.
- Organized picnics in and upon District property shall not be held or conducted unless and until written permit therefor shall have been issued by District for a date, time and place specified in the permit.
- Applications for permits must be made not less than seven days prior to date for which a permit and reservation is sought.
- During the months of January, February and March of a calendar year, applications for permits and reservations for picnics will be accepted by District only from (a) persons residing with in the corporate boundaries of Berwyn Park District and (b) public schools, churches, service clubs, business and those not-for-profit organizations qualified and registered as such under Section 501(c)(3),(4), and (18) of the Internal Revenue Code (except local associations of employees under Section 501(c)(4); and having their principal place of operation or business within the corporate boundaries of the Berwyn Park District.
- Applications for reservations and permits for a date in any calendar year shall not be accepted from any person or entity not described in subparagraph (a) and (b) or paragraph three (3) above until subsequent to March 31 of the calendar year in which a reservation permit is sought.
- After March 31 of each calendar year, application may be made by any person or entity for a picnic permit and reservation for a date in the balance of that calendar by written application therefore upon forms specified by the Berwyn Park District.
- In the event that applications are received from two or more persons on entities for similar dates, times, or areas, then the application first received at the Administrative offices of District, located at 3701 S. Scoville, shall receive the permit and reservation requested, provided all other qualifications are met.
- Fees shall be paid to the Berwyn Park District with written application for a permit and reservation upon the following schedule. A $100.00 cash deposit shall be required any group of 100 persons or more.
- Residents of the Berwyn Park district and businesses having the principal place of operation in the corporate boundaries of the Berwyn Park District. To qualify for residential fees, 50% of the picnic attendees must be residents.
- Groups under 10 persons $ 15.00
- Groups under 25 persons $ 35.00
- Groups of 25 to 50 persons $ 45.00
- Groups over 50 persons $ 85.00
- Groups over 100 persons $ 1.50 per person
- Public/Private schools, service clubs and qualified not-for-profit organizations qualified and registered as such under Section 501(c)(3),(4), and (18) of the Internal Revenue Code (except local associations of employees under Section 501(c)(4); and having their principal place of operations in the corporate boundaries of the Berwyn Park District shall be exempt from the fees provided in subparagraph 9. above.
- Non-residents of the corporate boundaries of the Berwyn Park District, including (but not limited to) business, public/private schools, churches, not-for-profit organizations and service clubs not having their principal place of business in the corporate boundaries of the Berwyn park District:
- Groups under 10 persons $30.00
- Groups under 25 persons $75.00
- Groups of 25 to 50 persons $100.00
- Groups over 50 persons $100.00 and $ 1.50 per person
- An application for a permit and reservations involving in excess of 125 persons shall not be accepted and no permit therefor shall be issued.
- Electrical hook-ups maybe available for an additional $ 20.00 fee, provided that electrical power is requested at the time of application and is available on the permit date.
- Sideless tents, commonly known as dining tarps, may be erected in the designated picnic area during the permit time as granted. The square footage of the tarp may not exceed 400 square feet, 20’ by 20’, and may not be attached to any tree or structure in the park system.
- All permits end at 9:00 p.m., regardless.
- In the event a permit and reservation is issued and the event contemplated thereby is held and damage or injury to Berwyn Park District property or personnel occurs, the applicant shall be deemed liable and responsible for payment, indemnity and reimbursement to the District for such loss. Notice of such obligation shall be included in the application form provided by the District to applicants.
- Any permit and reservation may be revoked for failure to abide by permit regulations, District ordinances, or any applicable city, state, or federal law.
- Any permit and reservation revoked, canceled, or unused for any reason, including weather, within 10 working days of the permit date; shall not be eligible for refund, credit, or rescheduling.
- The Executive Director of the District may, upon his/her sole election as to any applicant, request, demand and make conditional the issuance of a permit and reservation, upon the issuance and delivery of a certificate of insurance issued by the insurer deemed adequate by the Executive Director, insuring the District against loss, liability, damages, costs and attorneys fees arising from and out of applicant’s use of District premises. Picnic permit holders may further be required to employ officers of the Berwyn Park District Police Department at a cost of $25.00 per officer per hour during the picnic.
- A denial of an application for a permit and reservation may be appealed by applicant to the Board of Commissioners by written notice directed to the Board, served upon the District not less than seven days prior to a regularly scheduled meeting of the Board with a request to place the appeal of denial upon the agenda for such meeting.
- The Executive Director, for good cause shown, may at his/her sole discretion and without limitation, waive and release any provisions of this resolution, except that a written memorandum of such waiver and release must be delivered by him/her to the Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board after such waiver and release.
Approved and accepted the 15th day of July 2003 .
Amended and accepted the 19th Day of December 2006.